Thai Cold Noodle Salad with Fifth Moon Malvasia Bianca
RECIPE BY Plant Bomb!
Featuring Thai Almond Sauce by Plant Bomb!
Serves 4 | vegan, gluten free
PREP TIME 45 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Marinade for Tofu or Chickpeas (soy-free option)
- 3 T low sodium tamari or coconut aminos (soy-free option)
- 1 T chili garlic sauce
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 T lime juice (juice of 1/2 lime)
- 1 T maple syrup or agave
- 1 block of extra firm tofu or 2 15-oz cans chickpeas, rinsed & dried (soy-free)
- 1 pack vermicelli or fine rice noodles, cooked & rinsed
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 C carrots, matchsticked
- 1 C sugar snap peas, halved
- 1/2 t crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 C toasted crushed almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- For the tofu option, cut the tofu in slices width-wise. Pour the marinade over tofu or chickpeas. Marinate at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Once marinating is complete, preheat the oven to 400°F and place tofu or chickpeas on a lined or greased baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 mins, flipping halfway through. You should achieve a nice golden brown color on the outside. Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Cut the tofu into thin slices.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Add all of the vegetables, herbs, and tofu or chickpeas to the noodles. Add a generous portion of Plant Bomb Thai Almond sauce to the bowl (approx. 1 cup). Toss all together gently. To serve, top with crushed almonds, toasted sesame seeds, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
This veggie noodle dish is fresh, crisp, and full of flavor! It’s simple to make and a great meal for lunch or dinner. Make more than you need as it’s an incredible dish when you need to raid the fridge. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and can be soy-free too.