Serves 2-4 | vegan, gluten free
PREP TIME 18-24 hours for soaking chickpeas
ACTIVE TIME 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 C dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 C cilantro chopped
- 1 t coriander
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t paprika (sub 1/2 t cayenne pepper if you like spice)
- 1 t baking powder
- Plant Bomb! Garlic Tahini Sauce
- The day before, soak your chickpeas. Cover with water by 2-3 inches. Soak chickpeas for 18-24 hours.
- Add soaked chickpeas, onion, garlic cloves, fresh parsley, cilantro and dried spices to a food processor. Blend until incorporated and smooth, be careful not to over blend—you want to still have a little bit of texture or “grit” to the mixture. Place mixture in fridge for 30-60 mins to set.
- Stir baking powder into the mixture. Scoop and roll the mixture into balls or patties. Lightly coat the Air Fryer and falafel with cooking spray and set balls into the pan. Air Fry at 375°F for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Plate and top with Plant Bomb Garlic Tahini and enjoy!
You’ll love this healthy spin on a classic favorite that is packed full of nutrients and protein. We use an air fryer instead of deep frying to achieve a crispy texture to these these falafels that are perfect in a salad or a wrap.