- 5-7oz of Greek Feta Cheese in brine, cubed
- A few heaping spoonfuls of Portland Salt Co. Pita Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, your favorite
- Kalamata Olives, pitted
- Green Olives, pitted
- Crackers, your choice (we love Raincoast Crisps)
- Salami, or other cured meat of your choice
- Roasted Nuts, your choice
- Cheeses, your choice (we chose Manchego)
- Fresh or Dried Fruit, your choice
Marinated Feta & Olives
- Remove feta cheese from brine and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cube feta into large chunks
- Place layer of cubes in a glass jar that can be used for storing.
- Sprinkle on a generous layer of Portland Pita Salt.
- Add another layer of feta and a final sprinkle of Pita Salt.
- Cover the feta with olive oil and refrigerate for 24 hours to maximize the flavor.
- Follow steps 3-6 for the olives.
- Start with your largest items–likely the feta and olives in bowls or swing-top jars.
- Place on opposite ends or diagonals of your board.
- Place cheese(s) and meat(s) with some space between.
- Fill spaces with crackers.
- Fill remaining spaces with nuts, dried or fresh fruit.
- You may wish to garnish with fresh rosemary or other fresh cut herbs.
NOTE: The marinated feta and olives will last up to two weeks in your fridge and are great to keep on hand to give a burst of flavor to salads, pizza, or pasta. They’re also thoroughly enjoyed on their own with a glass of wine. The leftover oil makes a ready-to-enjoy salad dressing, pizza base, or marinade for roasted veggies.