Large Charcuterie Board with Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE BY Rebecca Christiansen
Featuring products by Portland Salt Co.
Active TIME 20-25 minutes
FREEZE TIME 10 minutes
- 8-10 ounces goat cheese (we love Laura Chenel)
- Toasted Pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp Portland Salt Co. Toast Sugar
- Local honey
- Crackers, your choice
- Salami, or other cured meat of your choice
- Roasted Nuts, your choice
- Cheeses, your choice (Gouda and brie are nice)
- Fresh or Dried Fruit, your choice
- Jam or quince paste
Pecan Honey Goat Cheese
- Mix chopped pecans and toast sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll goat cheese into a balls, one tablespoon at a time.
- Dip each ball in honey.
- Toss in pecan mixture.
- Place each on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Start with your largest items–like cheeses and items in bowls
- Place each far apart from the rest
- Place meat(s) with some space between. Get fancy by rolling, folding, or fanning each slice.
- Fill largest spaces with crackers.
- Fill remaining spaces with nuts, dried or fresh fruit.
- You may wish to garnish with fresh rosemary, sage, or other fresh cut herbs.