The Perfect Steak with Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE BY Rebecca Christiansen
Featuring Portland Steak Salt by Portland Salt Co.
Active TIME About 25-30 minutes
- 2 6-8oz Filets, New York or Ribeye Steaks
- 1-2 tsp of Portland Steak Salt
- 1-2 tbsp of Neutral Oil (if pan searing instead of grilling)
Pair the steaks with a grilled or roasted vegetable using extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of Portland Steak Salt. Broccolini and asparagus are colorful additions. Enjoy!
- Preheat your stove top grill to its highest temperature. The goal is to sear the outside well while not overcooking the steaks.
- Season your steaks on top, bottom, and sides. Steaks with more marbling, like New York and Rib Eye cuts, are best with additional Steak Salt.
- Sear on the hot grill or pan, turning and flipping occasionally, until meat reaches an internal temperature of 115˚F for rare, 125˚F for medium rare, and 135˚F for medium.
- When you have reached your desired temperature, let the steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.