Mala Spice Popcorn with Chenin Blanc
RECIPE BY Jing Gao
Featuring Fly by Jing’s Mala Spice Mix
Serves 2 | Vegan
Active TIME About 5 minutes
Start this recipe As soon as you’re hungry!
- 1/4C – 1/3C unpopped popcorn kernels
- 2T oil (preferably a high heat oil like avocado, sunflower, or canola)
- Mala Spice Mix, to taste
If you have an air popper or other popcorn maker, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. If not, it’s super easy to make popcorn on the stove. Follow the instructions below.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot (dutch ovens work great!), heat oil.
- Drop a couple kernels in to test the temperature. When they pop, add the rest of the kernels. Place a lid over the top.
- With hot mitts, carefully swirl the pot to move the kernels around.
- Place back on heat and listen for the popping. Place your lid askew slightly to let steam escape.
- Turn heat down to medium. Swirl and shake pot as needed to evenly distribute the kernels. Once the popping subsides, remove from heat and immediately pour into serving a bowl.
- Top with a sprinkle of Mala Spice Mix. Taste and adjust to your preference.